Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tiger Woods: I'm Not Playing in the U.S. Open

Adding to what has proven to be a rather disappointing year for him professionally, Tiger Woods has officially pulled out of next week's U.S. Open - making it the first time the competition will be without him since 1994.

The 35-year-old golfing pro has been battling a mild strain to his left Achilles tendon since making an off-balance shot at this year's Masters.

Tiger took to his Twitter to alert fans of the news, writing, ?Not playing in US Open. Very disappointed. Short-term frustration for long-term gain.?

Wood's furthered his decision via his website, explaining, "It's time for me to listen to my doctors and focus on the future. I was hopeful that I could play, but if I did, I risk further damage to my left leg. My knee and Achilles tendon are not fully healed. I hope to be ready for AT&T National, the next two majors and the rest of the year."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/tiger-woods/tiger-woods-im-not-playing-us-open-512154

Erika Christensen Gwen Stefani Michelle Branch Nikki Reed Giuliana DePandi

No comments:

Post a Comment